How does Canadian Tire Triangle card work for its users? You can earn points by shopping at Canadian Tire and many other stores, including Atmosphere, Rousseau Sports, Hockey Experts, l’Équipeur, and Sports Experts. Keep reading to know how Canadian Tire Card works with Triangle rewards program.
Please note, however, that not all Sports Experts locations allow customers to earn CT points.
Therefore, it’s essential to do your homework and find out in advance whether a deal with Canadian Tire is in place by contacting your neighborhood branch.
Gas+ locations linked with Canadian Tire provide the rewards program. You should know that purchases of tobacco products, lottery tickets, hunting and fishing licenses, prepaid cards, calling cards, and gift cards do not count toward earning Canadian Tire points.
Earning Triangle Points is relatively simple because Canadian Tire stores offer a 0.4% return on all purchases.
You can earn 0.03 cents for each liter of gasoline at Gas+ service stations. The most important thing to keep in mind is that $1 from Canadian Tire is the same as a dollar in cash.
How Does the Triangle Credit Card Work?
Watch the price drop by just presenting your card to the cashier or using your rewards points online at any partner store.
Using your points with the Triangle Mastercard App is the simplest option. You can easily view your rewards balance and current bonus offers through the app.
Although the app is useful and the dollar-for-dollar redemption options value is respectable, you can only use rewards at places that have been allowed to take CT Money. This limits what you can purchase using your points.
That the cash back gained at Gas+ and Essence+ cannot be exchanged for gasoline is another downside.
Other credit cards, like the American Express Gold Rewards Card, provide you with actual cashback that you can use to pay for gas.
Is the Triangle Card Worth it?
Now that you are familiar with the fundamentals, let’s look at the advantages of the Triangle card features:
1. One of the Triangle Mastercard benefits is returns without a receipt are possible with the Triangle Mastercard, which is advantageous if you’ve misplaced or forgotten your receipt.
2. Access to events for members-only If you have a Triangle Mastercard card, you have access to special events for members-only which will lower the cost of your purchases.
3. Personalized promotions Canadian Tire, Mark’s, and Sport Chek send you weekly personalized offers. The Triangle app lets you view these offers.
4. Customer service is available around the clock to Triangle Mastercard cardholders via the 24/7 customer service number.
5. No minimum income requirement–The Triangle Mastercard does not have a minimum annual income requirement, which eliminates the hassle associated with many credit card requirements.
6. No annual charge – Because there is no annual fee for the Triangle Mastercard, you will have more money to spend elsewhere.
7. Earn rewards anywhere – No matter where you purchase, you can use your Triangle Mastercard to earn Canadian Tire Money.
8. Purchase financing is available with your Triangle Mastercard at participating merchants on a few purchases totaling $150 or more. You can make 24 monthly payments to cover the cost of your items.
There are some disadvantages to the Triangle Mastercard that you should think about before applying for it:
1. Lack of insurance – The Triangle Mastercard does not provide any insurance.
2. Minimal earning rate for rewards – For everyday purchases made at stores other than Canadian Tire or its other brands, the earning rate is minimal (0.5% Canadian Tire Money).
3. You can earn rewards on pre-tax amounts. The 4% rewards rate at Canadian Tire and its sister brands can only be earned on pre-tax amounts.
You would receive 4 Canadian Tire dollars, not 4.52 Canadian Tire dollars, for a $100 purchase with 13% tax. Because of after-tax amounts, other reward credit cards determine their incentives.
4. Rewards have limited use: While you can earn Canadian Tire Money at participating Husky and Canadian Tire Gas+ locations, you cannot use it to buy fuel with it.
You cannot exchange it for cash or applied to the amount on your Triangle Mastercard.