If you are wondering whether Canadian Tire will be open on labour day, you are in for some good news.
We have all the details you need to know about the retailer’s availability this year, along with the specific store hours.
Having knowledge of Canadian Tire’s operating hours will be advantageous if you plan on taking advantage of the labor day sales and purchasing any necessary items for the upcoming autumn season.
It will also be helpful if you need to quickly grab groceries before the workweek begins again.
Regardless of your intentions, here is the important information you should keep in mind.
Is Canadian Tire open on labour day 2024?
Yes, Canadian Tire stores in Canada are typically open on labour day and this year’s day falls on Monday, September 2, 2024.
How to find a local Canadian Tire store near me & their labour day hours ?
Here are a few ways to find out about your local Canadian Tire’s labour day hours:
1. Use the Canadian Tire store locator: https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/store-locator.html
- Type in your postal code or city and state.
- Click on the “Store Details” page for your desired store.
- Scroll down to the “Store Hours” section. There should be an option to view holiday hours, including Labour Day.
2. Call your local Canadian Tire: Find the phone number for your local store on the Canadian Tire website or through a directory service.
Call them directly and ask about their labour day hours.
3. Check Canadian Tire’s social media: Canadian Tire is active on social media platforms like Twitter and Facebook. They may announce their labour day hours on these platforms closer to the date.
4. Look for flyers or signage: Canadian Tire will often advertise their holiday hours in flyers or signage in and around their stores.
What are Canadian Tire labour day hours?
Canadian Tire will be open during regular business hours on labor day, which are typically 8:00 am to 09:00/10:00 pm
That said, it’s always best to check your local store hours before heading out the door, just to be on the safe side.
Is labour day in Canada a public holiday?
Yes, labour day in Canada is a public holiday.
Post offices, many businesses, and many organizations are closed on Labour Day in Canada.
Schools and other educational establishments are also closed, as Labour Day falls at the end of the summer holiday period.
Many public transport services run to a reduced or “Sunday” service, although others may not run at all.
There may be some local disruption to traffic around parades, particularly in Toronto, and some congestion on highways and at airports as people return form late summer vacations or trips.
The origins of Labour Day can be traced back to April 15, 1872, when the Toronto Trades Assembly organized Canada’s first significant demonstration for worker’s rights.
The aim of the demonstration was to release the 24 leaders of the Toronto Typographical Union who were imprisoned for striking to campaign for a nine-hour working day.
At this time, trade unions were still illegal and striking was seen as a criminal conspiracy to disrupt trade.
In spite of this, the Toronto Trades Assembly was already a significant organization and encouraged workers to form trade unions, mediated in disputes between employers and employees and signaled the mistreatment of workers.